Last Updated: May 24, 2018
About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from users who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Information to the Service and we learn that the Personal Information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Controller and Data Processor. We act both as a data controller (where we have direct control of your personal data) and as a data processor (where we may process your personal data on behalf of one of our Customers (“Customer” is typically a service business). We act as a data controller for any of your personal information that is stored in your own account. However, if you are using the Service either (i) as an employee, contractor or similar of a Customer; or (ii) an individual interacting with a Customer, then your interactions with that Customer (including any associated personal information) are controlled by that Customer and we act as a data processor on their behalf. We will explain the different impact of whether we are a data controller or a data processor below.
Collection of Information. Unless you have otherwise given us appropriate consent, we collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Service, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Service or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and credit card information. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Service or be able to access them at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Service. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Service through registration processes, communications with you, service use, subscription, user support and surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as the domain used to access the Service, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used to access the Service. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. geographical location of our users), number of users, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Service is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Collection and Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes:
- Registration Data. When you register to use the Service, we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address and credit card information. This information will be used to administer your account, for billing, verification and authentication purposes and to contact you in relation to your account.
- Content You Make Available. You have the ability to upload photos, notes and other content to the Service such as a photo and description of work that you have completed. The content that you make available will be accessible to the Account Owner.
- Time Tracking. You may use the time tracking functionality in the Service to track how long it takes you to complete an Assignment. Such information will be made available to the Account Owner.
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Service which we use for analytics. Aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to third parties.
- System Logs & Cookies: Cookies are used by us to track content usage and traffic on the Service. A cookie is a feature of your web browser that consists of a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies help us compile aggregate statistics about usage of our Service, such as how many users visit the Service, how long users spend viewing the Service, and what pages are viewed most often. This information is used to improve the content of the Service. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie. This gives you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Service. Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Service. This information may be recorded together with your registration information in our databases.
- Do Not Track Signals: We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Service.
- Third-Party Links: The Service may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers. We are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties and do not accept responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual polices before you submit any information. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
- Third Party Partner Integrations: Optional third party add-ons may be offered by our integration partners from time to time. Data shared with third party integration partners is subject to the privacy policies and terms of service of such third parties.
We share Personal Information about you in respect of the Service only with our service providers and partners which include website hosting, cloud service providers, analytics providers, email marketing providers and billing system. Our service providers may host data worldwide and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to governments worldwide under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your Personal Information.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Service. These third parties may have limited access to user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Service and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our users for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website or App members, other users of the Service, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
When you provide credit card or other payment information to pay for subscriptions to the Service, your credit card and financial information is processed by Zuora, a third-party subscription management provider.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your account information or your password for the Service to third parties.
Access, Accuracy and Right to be Forgotten: Where we act as a data controller, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, where we act as a data controller we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. If we act as data processor we will communicate your request to the appropriate data controller.
Where we act as a data controller, we will (i) provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate; and (ii) use commercially reasonable efforts to implement such updates, corrections, deletions or additions as promptly as practicable for the services you are using and for our records. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. If we act as data processor we will work with the appropriate data controller to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date.
In addition, if you are resident in the European Economic Area, under European law you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain:
(i) confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your personal information;
(ii) information about the categories of personal information we are processing, the purposes for which we process your personal information and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods;
(iii) information about the categories of recipients with whom we may share your personal information; and
(iv) a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right of portability. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal data to another person.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you without undue delay.
- Right to erasure. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to erase your personal information without undue delay if the continued processing of that personal information is not justified.
- Right to restriction. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to limit the purposes for which we process your personal information if the continued processing of the personal information in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. There may be compelling reasons for continuing to process your personal information, and we will assess and inform you if that is the case. You can object to marketing activities for any reason.
- If you are resident in France, you also have the right to set guidelines for the retention and communication of your personal information after your death.
- If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us at the e-mail contact below.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- Residents in other jurisdictions may also have similar rights to the above. Please contact us at the contact below if you would like to exercise one of these rights, and we will comply with any request to the extent required under applicable law.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information or would otherwise like to exercise any of your rights in respect of your personal information (whether as set out above or otherwise), if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: email@example.com.